ABOUT SSL CERTIFICATES
Passion & Resurrection: Byzantine Chant
of this item.
This product usually ships on the next business day.
You may need
Windows Media Player
to listen to the music samples below.
1. Alleluia; Behold the Bridehold comes
2. Thy Bridal Chamber (Arabic)
3. Thy Bridal Chamber (Greek)
4. Thy Bridal Chamber (Arabic)
5. Apostika of Holy Tuesday
6. At Thy Mystic Supper
7. The Lord is God
8. Today is Suspended from the Tree
9. First Stasis
10. Second Stasis
11. Third Stasis
12. In you, o woman full of grace
13. Christ is Risen from the dead
14. All who have been baptized
15. Ninth Ode of Canon of Pascha
A cross section of the most well-known and loved hymns of Holy Week and Pascha in the Byzantine rite. An early Harmonia Mundi recording of Sister Marie Keyrouz, and of superb quality.
Among the single best single Byzantine chant recordings available, by one of the finest Byzantine chanters alive today. Sister Keyrouz has a voice that is transcendent; a virtual mystical experience. She captures and conveys all the agony and suffering, the sorrow and joy of Holy Week and the Passion in a recording that Fr. Hill describes as "sublime." The chorale that backs her provides a wonderful ison, and this is among the best extant examples of the glory of Byzantine liturgical music. So good, in fact, it doesn't matter that it is not in English. Now available on the HM Gold lable at a value price.
Copyright © 2000-