ABOUT SSL CERTIFICATES
Renaissance Sacred Music
of this item.
This product usually ships on the next business day.
You may need
Windows Media Player
to listen to the music samples below.
1. Kyrie (Missa Pange Lingua) - Desprez
2. Gloria (Missal Pange Lingua) - Desprez
3. Kyria (Messe L
4. Gloria (Messe L
5. Credo (Messe La Bataille) - Janequin
6. Gloria (Missal Viri Galilaei) - Palestrina
7. Agnus Dei I & II (Missa Viri Galilaei) - Palestrina
8. Kyrie (Mass for 4 Voices) - Byrd
9. Gloria (Mass for 4 Voices) - Byrd
10. Sanctus (Messa q quattro voci da cappella) - Monteverdi
11. Benedictus (Messa q quattro voci da cappella) - Monteverdi
12. Salve Regina - Desprez
13. Salvator mundi - Tallis
14. Lamentatio tertia, tertii Diei - De Lassus
15. Motet Viri Galilaei - Palestrina
16. Ave dulcissima Maria - Gesualdo
17. Reveillez vous chacun fidele - de L
18. Quand non mari s
19. Apres avoir constamment attendu - Goudimel
20. Tant que vivray en aege florissant - de Sermisy
21. Why fum
This CD, No. 8 in the Century series, focuses on the main body of Renaissance sacred music, and includes most of the composers that come to mind when that term is used. The composition of the polyphonic mass as the musical touchstone of the period, because of its status, beauty and complexity, is discussed and illustrated so that the reader/listener understands how Medieval and Renaissance sacred music began with existing Gregorian melodies. Then, with the addition of a new voice and musical styles, a new sacred form was created . Liner notes in English and French, no hymn text.
This compilation focuses in three areas: the Franco-Flemish polyphonic mass, the Renaissance motet, and the songs and psalms of the Reformation. The polyphonic mass examples include Desprez, De La Rue, Palestrina and Monteverdi. The motet examples are "the masters," including Desprez, Tallis, De Lassus, Palestrina and Gesualdo. The Reformation examples remind us that the Reformation happened during this time in history, and that great composition took place on the Protestant side of the equation as well. As with the entire series, the quality and content make it a superb value.
Copyright © 2000-